Easter Rocky Road (Gluten Free and Vegan)

Easter Rocky Road (Gluten Free and Vegan)

Sharing is caring!

Rocky road is such a versatile recipe making it perfect for any holiday themed baking. For this Easter rocky road I used a mixture of cookies, nuts, marshmallows, cornflakes and of course lots of dark chocolate. Its gluten free and vegan.

Easy and Delicious Easter Rocky Road

This recipe came about from all the leftovers I had after making a few other Easter themed recipes for the blog. I needed a way to re purpose the extra marbled Easter sugar cookies I had leftover along with some chocolate and vegan caramel.

I love rocky road for its simplicity as you can’t go wrong with it. You can make a delicious treat with leftovers that might have otherwise not been eaten all for next to nothing. That’s a win win in my books.

Rocky Road or Tiffin?

Everyone has a different option on this one but for me a tiffin is more a base of biscuits and butter, with toppings added to it. Whereas rocky road is made of melted chocolate with other things mixed into it. They are relatively the same though it just depends what you want more of chocolate or biscuits.

stack of Easter rocky road


Ingredients For Easter Rocky Road

Vegan chocolate (milk or dark)

Gluten and dairy free Easter cookies

Gluten and dairy free cereal

A selection of nuts

Vegan marshmallows

Vegan caramel

How to Customise Your Rocky Road

Rocky road has to be one of the most easily customisable desserts out there. Anything goes really as long as you use any biscuits/cookies and lots of melted chocolate to stick everything together. Then you can add anything else you have. It’s a great recipe to use up the last bits and bobs of things you have in your snack cupboard. Great add ins are cereal, nuts, dried fruit, sweets, sprinkles, pretzels even crisps. That salty sweet combo works great here.

rocky road in baking dish with bowl of vegan caramel

How to Store Easter Rocky Road

Its best to store this easter rocky road wrapped in tin foil or in an airtight container at room temperature. It can last between 5-7 days if you don’t devour it all on the first day as its very delicious.

More Easter Themed Recipes to Try

Filled Chocolate Easter Egg (Gluten Free, Vegan)

Hot Cross Bun Granola (Gluten Free, Vegan, Oat Free)

Easter Chocolate Bark (Gluten Free, Vegan)

slabs of rocky roads

Easter Rocky Road

Rocky road is such a versatile recipe making it perfect for any holiday themed baking. For this Easter rocky road I used a mixture of cookies, nuts, marshmallows, cornflakes and of course lots of dark chocolate. Its gluten free and vegan. 

Course Dessert
Cuisine GF, vegan
Keyword Easter rocky road
Prep Time 10 minutes
Chill Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6
Author emma

Ingredients

  • 150 grams Vegan dark chocolate
  • 150 grams Gluten Free Vegan cookies i used the marbled Easter cookies from a previous blog post
  • 100 grams Chopped mixed nuts
  • 30 grams Gluten free cornflakes
  • 15 grams Mini pink and white marshmallows Use Vegan marshmallows if needed
  • 15 grams Vegan Caramel

Instructions

  1. In a large mixing bowl break up your cookies and add your chopped nuts, cereal and mini marshmallows.

  2. Melt your dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds at a time stirring inbetween. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Stop when 80% of the chocolate has melted and stir it to melt the remaining 20%.

  3. At the melted chocolate to your dry mixture and stir everything together until its all coated in chocolate.

  4. At your rocky road to a grease proof lined rectangle baking dish. Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon to create an even layer as much as possible. Then drizzle the vegan caramel over the top.

  5. Leave to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until solid.

  6. Remove from the fridge. Take the rocky road out from the baking dish and cut into 6 big squares.

  7. Store the rocky road either wrapped in tin foil or in an air tight container. Consume within 5-7 days.

two pictures of easter rocky road



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating